This activity is no longer available for credit, however its content is still (may still be) relevant for your educational needs.
Valid: July 31st, 2012 - July 31st, 2013
This activity was developed for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and managed care professionals involved in the care of patients with myelofibrosis and multiple myeloma.
Upon completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Summarize clinical data demonstrating that emerging therapies provide significant and durable relief for patients with myelofibrosis (MF) in terms of decreased splenomegaly and improved symptoms and the association between improvement in symptoms of MF and the benefit this provides for improving quality of life
- Identify patient- and disease-associated prognostic factors that may impact the choice of a management strategy for the treatment of patients with MF
- In light of emerging data, recognize patient- and disease-associated factors that may impact the choice of therapeutic agent or formulation when making informed decisions for the management of patients with multiple myeloma (MM)
- Evaluate the association between appropriate management strategies and the benefit they provide for improving survival and quality of life and reducing the overall burden of healthcare costs for patients with MM or MF
The Medical Learning Institute, Inc. (MLI) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the Medical Learning Institute, Inc., and the Center of Excellence Media, LLC. The Medical Learning Institute, Inc. is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Registered Nurse Designation
Medical Learning Institute, Inc. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15106, for 1.5 contact hours.
Pharmacy Registered Designation
Medical Learning Institute (MLI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Completion of this activity provides for 1.5 contact hours (0.15 CEUs) of CE credit.
The universal activity number for this activity is 0468-9999-12-023-H01-P.
Before the activity, all faculty and anyone who is in a position to have control over the content of this activity and their spouse/life partner will disclose the existence of any financial interest and/or relationship(s) they might have with any commercial interest producing healthcare goods/services to be discussed during their presentation( s): honoraria, expenses, grants, consulting roles, speakers’ bureau membership, stock ownership, or other special relationships. Presenters will inform participants of any off-label discussions. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by MLI for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
The associates of Medical Learning Institute, Inc., the accredited provider for this activity, and Center of Excellence Media, LLC, do not have any financial relationships or relationships to products or devices with any commercial interest related to the content of this CME/CE activity for any amount during the past 12 months.
Planners’ and Managers’ Disclosures
- Linda M. Ritter, PhD, Medical and Scientific Director, has nothing to disclose
- Puthugramam Natrajan, MD, FACOG, CCD, disclosed that he is on the Speakers Bureau of Warner Chilcott
- Lorrie McSherry, RN, BSN, OCN, disclosed that she is on the Advisory Board of Onyx
- Nancy Nesser, JD, PharmD, has nothing to disclose
- Martha L. Arellano, MD, is on the Advisory Board of Cephalon Oncology
- Jonathan L. Kaufman, MD, is Consultant to Celgene, Millennium, Novartis, and Onyx
- James T. Kenney, Jr, RPh, MBA, has nothing to disclose
- Gary M. Owens, MD, is Consultant to Allergan, Auxilium, Biogen Idec, CardioDx, Eyetech, Genzyme, Johnson & Johnson, Lilly, and Qforma
The information provided in this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. Recommendations for the use of particular therapeutic agents are based on the best available scientific evidence and current clinical guidelines. No bias toward or promotion for any agent discussed in this program should be inferred.
Estimated time to complete activity: 1.5 hours