This activity is no longer available for credit, however its content is still (may still be) relevant for your educational needs.
Valid: June 15th, 2012 - June 15th, 2013
This activity was developed for medical oncologists and hematologists, pathologists, geneticists, advanced practice oncology nurses, research nurses, clinical oncology pharmacists, and genetic counselors involved in the management of patients with solid tumors or hematologic malignancies, and interested in the use of molecular tumor biomarkers to help optimize patient care.
After completing this activity, the participants should be better able to:
- Assess emerging data and recent advances in the discovery of tumor biomarkers, their impact on the treatment of patients with solid tumors and hematologic malignancies, and how to integrate key findings into clinical practice.
- Discuss the role of tumor biomarkers in designing personalized therapy for patients with cancer, including management of treatment-related adverse events.
Registered Nurse Designation
Medical Learning Institute, Inc.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15106, for 1 contact hour.
Registered Pharmacy Designation
Medical Learning Institute (MLI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Completion of this activity provides for 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEU) of continuing education credit. The universal activity number for this activity is 0468-9999-12-015-H01-P.
Before the activity, all faculty and anyone who is in a position to have control over the content of this activity and their spouse/life partner will disclose the existence of any financial interest and/or relationship(s) they might have with any commercial interest producing healthcare goods/services to be discussed during their presentation(s): honoraria, expenses, grants, consulting roles, speakers bureau membership, stock ownership, or other special relationships. Presenters will inform participants of any off-label discussions. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by University of Cincinnati and Medical Learning Institute, Inc. for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
Planners and Managers Disclosures
- Rick Ricer, MD, UC CME Content Reviewer, has nothing to disclose.
- Lorrie McSherry, RN, BSN, OCN, MLI Peer Reviewer, is on the advisory board for Onyx.
- Patricia Woster, PharmD, MLI Peer Reviewer, is a former employee of Eisai and has stock in Pfizer.
- Rüdiger Hehlmann, MD, PhD, has nothing to disclose.
- *Hope S. Rugo, MD, is a researcher for Genentech/Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, ImClone, Merck, Novartis, and Sanofi/BiPar, and is on the speakers bureau for Bayer, Intellikine, and Genomic Health.
*Content will include non-FDA–approved uses.
The associates of University of Cincinnati, Medical Learning Institute, Inc., the accredited providers for this activity, Center of Excellence Media, LLC, and Core Principle Solutions, LLC, do not have any financial relationships to products or devices with any commercial interest related to the content of this CME/CE activity for any amount during the past 12 months.
The information provided at this CME/CE activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. Recommendations for the use of particular therapeutic agents are based on the best available scientific evidence and current clinical guidelines. No bias toward or promotion for any agent discussed in this program should be inferred.
Estimated time to complete this activity: 1.0 hour